President Muhammadu Buhari called upon to call Minister of Youths to order
President Muhammadu Buhari has been charged to call to order the Minister of Youth & Sports, Solomon Dalong, over alleged breach of protocol and abuse of power to Governor Simon Lalong.
Spokesman of the group, Mr. Sule Dandam, who spoke to journalists in Jos the Plateau state, over the recent clash between the governor and the minister in Shendam, on 26/12/2015, as reported by some national dailies, condemned the action.
Some group of people from the southern zone of the state said the Goemai Day celebration at Shendam on December 26, 2015, described the entry of the minister as a great breach of the governor’s protocol.
According to the group, the minister arrived very late, while the program was about rounding up, and brought about distraction of visitors.
The group raised concern that the use of siren was considered a breach of
protocol, and when he arrived, his siren-blazing cars continued blaring – even distracting the program, while the minister had already sat down for the program.
Sources said the Governor’s security had to talk to the minister’s drivers before they could put off the sirens.
The director of press affairs to Governor Simon Lalong and SSA Mr Mark Longyen, refuted the alleged sensational report being carried by online and some media, from the angle they read it.
They both stressed that the action of the minister was a total breach of protocol – for arriving late when the governor had already read his speech and by requesting to make his own (minister’s) speech.
According to Longyen, the speech read by the governor was the final, and so by employing village thugs to cause confusion at the scene during the launching was a deliberate plot to bring crisis in the state.
He advised journalists to always check and balance their information before going to press.
Longyen reiterated that for the minister to accuse Lalong of refusing him audience to visit was a condemnable act in the manner that he had to attack each other in a public gathering.
He noted that he hoped the state would not have another experience of Dariye-vs-Sango relationship in Plateau state.
It was also (grapevinely) gathered that the duo do not have any problem with each other; that, it’s just left for the governor to play his cards right or else he will blame nobody but himself in 2019.